Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP – II)
To provide field level knowledge and skill on any disaster management especially on earthquake disaster, “Urban Community Level Volunteer training course on Collapsed Structure Search & Rescue, Fire Fighting and First Aid” training course was organized. Total 50 participants were selected to attend this course. The said course was funded by Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP – II).
This course was held from 2- 4 May, 2011 at Fire Service and Civil Defence Station, Lalbag, Dhaka. This course was provided to the participants to gain adopted knowledge and skill on especially for “Collapsed Structure Search & Rescue, Fire Fighting and First Aid” since these community volunteers can play vital role as first responder incase of any disaster specially at earthquake vulnerable cities of Bangladesh.
It is expected that the nominated participants of Dhaka City Corporation will be able to contribute a lot for the prevention and protection of any disaster before and after the arrival of professionals. It was 03 days non-residential course where theory class, practical exercise, lecture presentation, evaluation, practical presentation etc. programs were included.
Purpose of the Training:
This course aims to train the community volunteers of Dhaka City Corporation to provide adopted knowledge and skill of newly developed “Collapsed Structure Search & Rescue, Fire Fighting and First Aid Manual” so that these future community volunteers can play their role as effective first responder before and after the arrival of professionals incase of any disaster especially earthquake disaster.
Objectives of the Training:
- Describe the principles of managing earthquake disaster
- Provide knowledge on the organization of CLCSSR and its activities
- Provide knowledge on the criteria of construction materials and its relation to the earthquake disaster
- Emphasize the important factors to ensure operational safety
- Provide knowledge and skill on searching and locating the victim
- Provide knowledge and skill on operation, maintenance, safety precaution and trouble shooting of Tools, Equipment and Accessories
- Familiarization with Rescue Strategies and Techniques
- Demonstrate Emergency Rescue Methods and techniques of lifting
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill of First Aid and Patient Assessment
- Demonstrate the management of Wounds and Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Provide knowledge and skill on Fire Fighting and Evacuation